[sr-dev] Generating a crypto random key in Kamailio

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Thu Mar 14 13:00:32 CET 2013

Hello,

For outbound I currently have a modparam to set the flow token key.
There is absolutely no reason why this should be user configurable,
replicated across multiple Kamailio instances, or survive Kamailio
restart as each flow is unique and should be re-established if there is
a server failure.

I would much prefer to have Kamailio just select its own key at
start-up.  Is there any simple way to get Kamailio to select a 20-octet
crypto random string?

Regards,

Peter