[sr-dev] Parsing requires and supported in modules

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Thu Mar 14 12:57:17 CET 2013

Hello,

I have been working on some outbound related fixes (problems identified
by Olle during SIPit).  Some of these require me to parse the "Require:"
header.

There is already a parser for "Supported:" in "lib/kcore" and the
parsing for "Require:" is almost identical.  To this end I have
abstracted a lot of the code from "parse_supported.[ch]" into new
"options-tags.[ch]" files and have a much shorter "parse_supported.[ch]"
and "parse_require.[ch]" that use the options-tags parser.

Another advantage of this is that it will simplify the writing of proper
parsers for other similar headers in HTTP (for example, the
"Sec-WebSocket-Protocol:" header used during the WebSocket handshake.

Now that I've done this I would like to move these parser files from
"lib/kcore" into "parser".  Is there any reason I shouldn't do this?

The code can be found in the pd/outbound branch.

Regards,

Peter