[sr-dev] packaging and modules groups updates

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 18:24:05 CET 2013

Hello,

I updated a bit the defined groups of modules in Makefile system
(located now in Makefile.groups). I cc-ed Peter, Jon, Victor and Claudio
for a direct ping, being involved in rpm/deb/ebuild packaging.

Hopefully your specs didn't get that much broken. Feel free to update
Makefile groups to fit better your needs.

I just wanted to underline that you can compile/install many groups at
the same time, like:

make every-module group_include="kxml kpresence"

So it might be an option to put more groups in one package, by having
smaller groups listed in the same make command, rather than creating new
groups for rpm or pkg specs, which have overlapping modules inside.
Therefore, the rule should be to break groups in smaller one if you need
to move content from a defined group to another package.

If you need any assistance, let me know.

Kamailio World Conference, April 16-17, 2013, Berlin
  - http://conference.kamailio.com -