[sr-dev] Why doesn't Kamailio handler x-NAT field ?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Mar 5 13:23:33 CET 2013

5 mar 2013 kl. 13:04 skrev Khoa Pham <onmyway133 at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I search for Kamailio source, and found that Kamailio doesnot handle the x-NAT field in SDP body.
>
> When client use STUN, it can detect the NAT type. When client register, it contains x-NAT (0:unknown, 1: full cone, ..., 6: symmetric), which will be helpful for the server to detect NAT type.
>
> Why doesn't Kamailio handle x-NAT? I think this is a must-have feature

Kamailio is a toolbox where you build your own application. These kind of headers are non-standard but easily parsed and handled in your Kamailio configuration.  There are very few headers of all possible headers out there that the source-code actually use. The rest is up to your configuration script, especially when it comes to variables prefixed with "x-", that are for internal non-standard use.

Regards,
/O