[sr-dev] [OFFTOPIC] Cross-posting

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Fri Mar 1 11:30:23 CET 2013

Hello,

I think that there are some circumstances where cross posting is
desirable.  For example, when Daniel is putting out announcements about
releases and upcoming events.  Cross-posting was also used when the
community was arranging a get-together at FOSDEM.  Kamailio developers
and users all turned up to this meeting and some were people who
primarily read sr-dev and others primarily read sr-users.

A blanket stop on cross-posting is probably a bad idea - but
cross-posting should be a relatively rare event.  I think any education
should be about using the right list for the right things.  Using
Kamailio questions to sr-users and developer discussion to sr-dev.

Regards,

Peter