[sr-dev] git:master: siputils: added new function is_first_hop()

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 10:16:21 CEST 2013

On 6/8/13 8:59 AM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> it came to my mind that if sip ua runs on the same host as sip proxy
> (which is very common in test environments at least) then it seem that
> is_first_hop does not work for replies.
>
> it may not be a good idea to introduce this function for replies if it
> has such a hole.
The check is on ip, port and protocol, if ua is on same host, it will
use a different port. It is similar situation with record-routing and UA
on same host. Without port matching of 'myself', then contact of UA
which appears as R-URI in subsequent requests will be detected as myself
and eaten by loose_route() by considering a strict routing case.

For now use the test with rr count, it is good for replies.

Kamailio Advanced Training, San Francisco, USA - June 24-27, 2013
   * http://asipto.com/u/katu *