[sr-dev] is using Gerrit for Kamailio a good idea?

Victor Seva linuxmaniac at torreviejawireless.org
Fri Jun 7 11:48:35 CEST 2013

Hello fellow Kamailio users and developers,

I would like to throw the idea of use Gerrit[0] for code contributions
reviews. This is not a replacement for the bugtracker, Gerrit will
help developers at the task of review and merge contributors patches.

I'm going to use mainly [1] to try to explain what Gerrit is:

"Gerrit is a web-based tool that is used for code review. Its main
features are the side-by-side difference viewing and inline commenting
which makes code reviews quick and simple task. It is used together
with Git version control system. Gerrit allows authorized contributors
to submit changes to Git repository, after reviews are done.
Contributors can get their code reviewed with a little effort, and get
their changes quickly through the system."

It has a nice interface to review the different patch versions of the
change, you can comment any line of code easily and the change has to
be approved to be merged.

I would like to know your opinion on this subject and your experience
using it if you have it.

Cheers,
Victor

[0] http://gerrit-documentation.googlecode.com/svn/Documentation/2.6/intro-quick.html