[sr-dev] mysql driver update

Shane Harrison shane.harrison at paragon.co.nz
Tue Jul 30 06:22:29 CEST 2013

Hi Peter,

In thread:
http://lists.kamailio.org/pipermail/sr-dev/2013-January/018347.html
you mentioned transaction support that you have added to PostgreSQL driver.
Unfortunately I do need to use mysql as our HA solution is based on mysql
cluster.

Hence I have implemented the required new functions e.g start_transaction.

However mysql only has one table locking mode (unlike PostgreSQL) and if
you lock a table within a transaction, you can't read other tables without
also obtaining locks for them as well.  As there are places where
active_watchers table is locked but the code tries to query the watchers
table, this is an issue.  I have simply disabled the table locking for the
time being.

It is possible that the implicit transaction locking that mysql is enough
to solve the issues you were trying to solve.  To determine this, can you
tell me or point to a thread that explains what race conditions were trying
to be mitigated in process_notifier mode.

Cheers and thanks
Shane

--
Imagination NZ Ltd