[sr-dev] rtpproxy-ng

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 16:43:31 CEST 2013

Hello,

I understand that the documentation of the protocol is exemplified with
JSON, but the implementation is actually bencode? From the readme it
seems you still keep the key=value format, passing them as a dictionary
in the control protocol. That means it could result in dictionaries
included in other dictionaries and/or lists (e.g., the result of query,
like the last json in the readme from the github) - obviously no longer
that easy to troubleshoot by 'eye'.

Have you got any figures of json vs bencode performances that made you
mind to go for the later?

 From my point of view, json would have had the benefits of being easy
to query/display in some languages as well as storage engines. This is
mainly for statistics, when willing to search for various situations,
without a need to pre-process the result from the rtp relay.

Another thing I haven't noticed is about brdiging between two networks
of the same type, are --ip/--ipv6 parameters taking values like rtpproxy
addr1/addr2?