[sr-dev] Kamailio Development Workshop, Feb 14-15, 2013, Alicante, Spain

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 22:15:44 CET 2013

Hello,

unfortunately it is not easy to have such event in US because of the
costs for traveling and accommodation. Also, being located myself in
Berlin, Germany, a trip to US adds lot of extra time for traveling (2
days for the flights, plus at least one before to get in the timezone).

The workshop has a low fee because it is about writing C code,
practically about learning how to extend Kamailio, not how to use or
configure it. The fee is set based on estimation to cover logistic
costs, with the risk of paying from company resources in case of not
enough participants. Not many are willing to pay higher fees for such
kind of workshop, because it is not seen as direct source of income by
companies for the future. Most of the companies using kamailio just
deploy it, so they look for administration trainings (which have
different content and are done in US as well, last being in Miami in
November 2012, next probably in few months).

In the past I was looking at opportunities to bundle with other trips I
had in US, but usually they were not at convenient venues or there were
other constraints. I did only one in US so far, in San Francisco, about
two years ago, no idea at this moment when will be the next one.

We published a free devel guide, but it is not always time to keep it up
to date with each release. Still is quite actual:
- http://www.asipto.com/pub/kamailio-devel-guide/