[sr-dev] Dressing up for release

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Jan 18 10:51:07 CET 2013

Hi!

Trying to figure out what needs to be done in git and the wiki to get to release state:

- README's and INSTALL
  "Welcome to Kamailio 4.0 - the best thing since sliced bread!"
- Verify all module README's
  Do we have all functions covered, are all MI's and RPC's documented, pseudovariables in the cookbook?
- Core
  Are all the settings documented in the core cookbook? There are some that have no explanation and
  some I think we have agreed to mark "deprecated" in there.
- Selects
  Update documentation, maybe move to Kamailio wiki and have a 4.0 version document instead of one generic
- LUA and other app api's
  Start documentes per version, move to Kamailio wiki

Anything else?

Everyone can contribute. Users, developers, hang-arounds! If you have commit access, fix it.
Documentation files are excluded from code freeze. This is the time to update them, make sure
they document everything you have in your module, maybe add a few examples.

If you find a problem and are unsure on how to fix it, at least mail sr-dev.

For the Wiki, anyone can edit. Again, if you are not sure, mail sr-dev.

Let's prepare the best release of 2013!!!

/O