[sr-dev] kamailio core-cookbook update request for stateless core functions "send" and "forward"

Klaus Feichtinger klaus.lists at inode.at
Tue Jan 15 20:33:19 CET 2013

Hello,

could you please update the core cookbook for Kamailio release 4.0.0?
The core functions "send" and "send_tcp" are including wrong examples of
usage (since many previous versions....). You have written the example

send("10.10.10.10:5070");

which is representing a socket, but not a hostname. However, caused by
the double quote it is interpreted as a hostname and kamailio is trying
to resolve that string. As it is (mostly) not resolvable, kamailio
cannot start. Many newbies are having a problem with this fault. I guess
forward() and its variations will have the same problem, when a target
is added within the brackets (instead of using pseudo variables).

I recommend adding a second example - one for an ip address based target
and one for a domain target with correct forms e.g.
send(10.10.10.10, 5070);
send("kamailio.org");

thanks
Klaus