[sr-dev] dialog and dialog2

Jason Penton jason.penton at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 17:40:59 CET 2013

Hi All,

Dialog2 is a start at the following:
http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/modules-new-design:dialog-module-design

We needed this functionality for the IMS modules. In IMS a proxy can take
the same session in both terminating and originating modes (ie 2 dialogs
for the same session). dialog 1 does not support this. Dialog2 has been
tested to at least support the functionality we required and we will build
on it as we move along.

Docs are coming but please be patient - we are really busy at the moment,
not just with ser/kamailio.

Cheers
Jason