[sr-dev] registrar module and reg-id Contact-URI parameter

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Tue Jan 1 18:43:47 CET 2013

Hi,

I saw that the registrar module now has support for the reg-id Contact-URI
parameter which is part of outbound.

Section 6 of RFC 5626 does not appear to be implemented yet.
Specifically, if the Path: header is missing from the REGISTER request or
the first Path: does not contain the ;ob URI parameter:
1) If the REGISTER contains a Supported: header with the outbound option
tag and the Contact-URI contains a reg-id parameter the registrar must
reject the REGISTER with 439 First Hop Lacks Outbound Support.
2) If the REGISTER does not contain a Supported: header with the outbound
option tag then the reg-id parameter must be ignored.

I am planning to update the registrar module for flow timer shortly, but I
may not have time to do the above before the freeze.

FWIW, my outbound branch does have (untested) code to decode the ;ob
parameter for URIs - but I will not merge this branch back until
immediately before the freeze as the code in the branch needs lots of
testing and debugging over the next few days.  If someone has time and
wants to take on adding the 439 support to registrar I can merge the
parser changes back early.

Alternatively, as handling reg-id in REGISTER without the 439 is outside
of the spec (and therefore technically a bug), I may have time to look at
this after the freeze (although I'm travelling a lot in January) and if
everyone agrees can try and sort it out then?

Regards,

Peter
--
Peter Dunkley