[sr-dev] Outbound: removing contact for broken flow

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Thu Feb 28 18:25:20 CET 2013

Hello,

I want to add a new function to the registrar module that will allow me
to remove a contact from the location table when I receive a 430 from an
edge proxy.

I believe I can use the get_ucontact_by_instance() function from usrloc
to remove the exact contact I want (based on contact address,
sip.instance, and reg-id).  However, at the point at which I have
received a 430 from the edge proxy (in the failure_route[] on the
registrar) I am not sure how I can determine the sip.instance and
reg-id.  As far as I can tell neither of these values is added to the
request when the registrar:lookup() exported function is called.

I don't want to just remove contacts based on address, or even address
and sip.instance, because when outbound is used I will have multiple
contacts with the same address and sip.instance values, with only the
reg-id different.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can obtain this information
in a failure_route[]?

Regards,

Peter