[sr-dev] SOS!! Kamailio 3.1.x Load Balancer doesn't work

chanea chanea at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 12:36:12 CET 2013

Dear All,

I am trying to use Kamailio 3.1.x  server (called LB here) as the Load
Balancer for two other Kamailio server (called server01 and server02 here) .

Client  A   -----> Kamailio  LB   -----> Kamailio server01
Client  B   -----> Kamailio LB   -----> Kamailio server01

If I dont use LB here ,  and letting Client A and B connect to  Kamailio
server01 directly , all the communication is fine.

While using  Kamailio  LB ,without luck, although the sip client  A and B
get 200 from server01 for Register,
they cannot reach each other for "Message" and "Invite".

It will be great appreciated if anyone can give a hint.

my config  for Kamailio LB is as below  :
debug=2          # debug level (cmd line: -dddddddddd)
fork=yes
log_stderror=yes  # (cmd line: -E)

children=2
check_via=no      # (cmd. line: -v)
dns=off           # (cmd. line: -r)
rev_dns=off       # (cmd. line: -R)
port=5060

# for more info: sip_router -h

# ------------------ module loading ----------------------------------
mpath="/usr/local/lib64/kamailio/modules_k/:/usr/local/lib64/kamailio/modules/"

loadmodule "sl.so"
loadmodule "tm.so"
loadmodule "rr.so"
loadmodule "maxfwd.so"
loadmodule "usrloc.so"
loadmodule "registrar.so"
loadmodule "textops.so"
loadmodule "mi_fifo.so"
loadmodule "dispatcher.so"
loadmodule "db_mysql.so"

# ----------------- setting module-specific parameters ---------------
# -- dispatcher params --
modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name", "/tmp/openser_fifo")
modparam("dispatcher", "db_url","mysql://.........@........")
modparam("usrloc", "db_mode",   0)
modparam("rr", "enable_full_lr", 1)

route{