[sr-dev] Kamailio at SIPit 30

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Feb 20 18:49:13 CET 2013

2013/2/20 Peter Dunkley <peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com>:
> At the moment when we use JsSIP (with the session object overridden to use
> with our MSRP stack) we do either audio/video sessions or MSRP sessions.
> Putting all of this in the same signalling session is something I don't want
> to think about right now

Neither me! :)

> so we just create multiple SIP sessions when we need to.

Sure. The problem is: what would you do if another SIP client (i.e.
Blinks) offers you (JsSIP) an SDP with audio/video and MSRP? :)

NOTE: I have not the response for this scenario, honestly I consider a
IETF failure to allow mixing in the same SDP audio/video + MSRP.

> BTW, the architecture of JsSIP makes this really easy to do - so thanks :-)

Note however that the Session.js and MediaSession.js modifications
used yesterday in SIPit were removed later from JsSIP master branch
(they still exist in a fork in which Firefox developers have commit
rights to test Firefox's WebRTC stack). This is because changes were
applied too soon and all those changes will be refactorized soon and
commited into master.

Cheers!

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo