[sr-dev] Licensing for app_* modules

Stoyan Mihaylov stoyan.v.mihaylov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 17:43:35 CET 2013

I think you need comments from lawyer here.
My opinion is - license is applied to "end product" - doesn't matter
if it is executable or library.
According my understanding, if end product (executable or library)
contains only headers from GPL 2 product, then end product can not be
GPL 2 product.
There are some restrictions - I mean non GPL product must use only
structures - then it could be non GPL product.
Asterisk is GPL product and it can use non GPL codecs (which are libraries).