[sr-dev] How to get dialog duration in miliseconds?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 22:14:06 CET 2013

The problem is that buf is allocated on the stack, on a zone reserved
for pv_get_timenows2() function, which is destroyed as soon as the
function execution ends.

You either define buf as static, or you allocate it dynamically in the
function and free it later.

On 2/7/13 7:25 PM, Mino Haluz wrote:
> I added new pseudovariale $TMS which gives time in miliseconds. If I
> print $TMS value it is ok, but when I assign it to avp, it gives
> strange values.
>
> pv_time.c
>
> int pv_get_timenows2(struct sip_msg *msg, pv_param_t *param,
>                 pv_value_t *res)
> {
>         struct timeval tv;
>         char buf[30];
>         str _s;
>         gettimeofday(&tv, NULL);
>         unsigned long long msEpoch =
>                 (unsigned long long)(tv.tv_sec) * 1000 +
>                 (unsigned long long)(tv.tv_usec) / 1000;
>         _s.len = sprintf(buf, "%lld", msEpoch);
>         _s.s = buf;   //<------- I think problem is here
>         return pv_get_strval(msg, param, res, &_s);
> }
>
> So how should I properly copy buf to _s ?
>
> Thanks,
> Mino
>

> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Mino Haluz <mino.haluz at gmail.com
> <mailto:mino.haluz at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I assume there is no avp or function which could give me duration
>     of ended dialog in miliseconds (I have to send it in RADIUS
>     message). I can run some bash script which could return me this
>     value but seems to me bit awkward.
>
>     How you would do it? To adjust dialog module so that it could
>     return it to some avp value within dialog-end event route and thus
>     save it to radius?
>
>     Mino

Kamailio World Conference, April 16-17, 2013, Berlin
  - http://conference.kamailio.com -