[sr-dev] KAMcmd compilation

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Feb 7 10:11:22 CET 2013

Hi!

Got a bit surprised again - but I've always been confused by the build system... ;-)

I ran

make
make modules

and then

make install

At "make install" Kamailio builds the .so modules again but even more importantly - it seems to build kamcmd from scratch by compiling the source code. I think this should be done at "make".

I haven't gone through all the output to check for other utilities, but if some Makefile guru can look at this and there's no opinion about why it should be this way, I suggest we fix it so that we build everything at "make", all modules are built and linked at "make modules" and let "make install" just install and not build.

/O

CC (gcc) [U kamcmd]		parse_listen_id.o
CC (gcc) [U kamcmd]		sercmd.o
LD (gcc) [U kamcmd]		kamcmd
sed -e "s#sercmd#kamcmd#g" \
			-e "s#sip-router#kamailio#g" \
			< sercmd.8 > /usr/local/share/man//man8/kamcmd.8
chmod 644  /usr/local/share/man//man8/kamcmd.8
touch           /usr/local/sbin//kamcmd