[sr-dev] Kamailio Master/4.1 / Java: Building Debian Packages for Debian Wheezy / Stable / 7.2

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Wed Dec 11 13:36:20 CET 2013

Hi,

either the build-depends are incorrect or otherwise the rules file for
Debian Wheezy is incorrect.

Is app_java actually part of any generated deb-package? I could not find it...

This is the way, i build the packages:
- ln -s pkg/kamailio/deb/wheezy/ debian
- make deb
(this worked before, i've been building my packages like this for years...)

Yesterday, i ran into the following issue for current master:

Building the Java-Modules fails on my build machine:

[...]
LD (gcc) [M app_java.so] app_java.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ljvm

For the moment, i solved it for me by removing the Java-Module for my
build. However, this is not a valid solution....
I thought, it may be related to me having an Oracle Java installed
instead of the bundled OpenJDK, which comes with Debian. Actually,
since the build-depends is satisfied, i would never expect such error.

Today, to narrow the error more down, i took a clean Debian, where i
installed the necessary Debian Packages. However, still i cannot build
Debian Packages:

make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/k41/kamailio'
/usr/bin/make every-module group_include="kjava"
make[2]: Entering directory `/root/k41/kamailio'
Package libgcj-4.7 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgcj-4.7.pc'
No package 'libgcj-4.7' found
[...]
CC (gcc) [M app_java.so] java_iface.o
java_iface.c:29:17: fatal error: jni.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[3]: *** [java_iface.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [modules] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/k41/kamailio'
make[1]: *** [build-stamp] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/k41/kamailio'

I think we should either
a) Fix this error (probably best from someone who knows the app_java-module) or
b) remove app_java from the Debian-Packaging (similar to e.g.
db_cassandra) due to unclear dependencies....

Just my $0,02,
Carsten

--
Carsten Bock
CEO (Geschäftsführer)

ng-voice GmbH
Schomburgstr. 80
D-22767 Hamburg / Germany

http://www.ng-voice.com
mailto:carsten at ng-voice.com

Office +49 40 34927219
Fax +49 40 34927220

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 120189
Geschäftsführer: Carsten Bock
Ust-ID: DE279344284

Hier finden Sie unsere handelsrechtlichen Pflichtangaben:
http://www.ng-voice.com/imprint/