[sr-dev] github

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Fri Aug 30 15:12:19 CEST 2013

Am Freitag, 30. August 2013, 09:06:11 schrieb Alex Balashov:
> > We're running indeed some custom services on sip-router.org, like the
> > generation of documentation from code, from docbook, from serctl/ sercmd
> > object files and other stuff. There is also a daily snap shot generation,
> > which we probably like to keep as github removed the possibility to
> > upload and download files some time ago [1]. This stuff still needs to be
> > run and maintained from us even after a move of the git repository.
>
> To play Devil's Advocate against my own argument: none of that sounds
> like stuff that can't be from an automatic clone of the repository
> hosted on GitHub.  Right?

Surely this can be done with a read-only clone of the repository. I presented
that argument more to show that we don't save IMHO that much time if we move
only the git repository, and still need the rest of the infrastructure - as
this was before also discussed as a benefit of a move.

Best regards,

Henning Westerholt