[sr-dev] Simple module - beginner questions

DanB danb.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 10:03:33 CEST 2013

Hey Guys,

We are in the process of writing our first Kamailio module and would
need if possible some guidance.

Following questions came up:

* We need to keep track about call-start and call-stop events. Do you
recommend us dialog or dialog-ng module for that?
* To learn the basic of Kamailio module development, can you recommend
us a very simple and basic module to have a look on (like a hello world
or something).
* We would need to be able to control calls (eg kill them when the
account credits are finished, is dialog also the way to go for that)?
* We would need to be able to receive rpc requests from a remote server.
What do you recommend us as approach: using existing rpc modules and
expose our own apis through that or fire up our own rpc server instead?

Thanks in advance for any tip!

DanB