[sr-dev] Using GRUU and outbound

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Tue Apr 30 23:50:03 CEST 2013

I think the right place for a discussion on what is the right protocol
behaviour is on DISPATCH.

The opinion there (from the only two people who participated in the
discussion) seemed to be that you used GRUU and ignored the route-set and
(as a result of the flow-tokens stored in the Path: headers) this made
everything work - even though it broke RFC 3261 route-set behaviour.

Ultimately, the current Kamailio implementation can handle whatever way
people want to do this in real-world deployments.  One thing that is clear
is that RFC5626 could do with some clarification in this area.

Regards,

Peter

> On proxy restart the TCP connection is dropped and I assume this is
> triggering the re-registration.
>
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 4:17 PM, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
>> by the way, i don't know how jssip does it, but if i restart my proxy,
>> it recognizes it immediate and two seconds later it re-registers.
>>
>> -- juha

> --
> VoIP Embedded, Inc.
> http://www.voipembedded.com