[sr-dev] Using GRUU and outbound

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue Apr 30 22:13:57 CEST 2013

Peter Dunkley writes:

> JsSIP seems to do this now.  Although it only creates a single flow.

yes i know and that is violation of outbound rfc where at least two is
MUST.  so as long as jssip only creates one flow, it is not implementing
outbound and i cannot use it in my outbound tests.

> Flow-tokens get added to Path: headers for REGISTERs, but they do not get
> added to the Record-Route: headers for INVITEs (because the INVITE
> contains a GRUU Contact: without an ;ob parameter).  This is correct under
> RFC5626.

that is fine then.

> To get in-dialog routing to work correctly for this stack (when GRUU and
> outbound are enablned on Kamailio) you need to always do a location
> lookup() when the R-URI is a GRUU URI.
>
> In route[WITHINDLG] I now do something like:
>
> if (has_totag()) {
>   if (is_gruu()) {
>     route[LOCATION];
>   } else if (loose_route()) {
>
>   } else {
>   }
>   exit;
> }

this is pretty close to what i have except i call loose_route first to
see if i'm the last hop and it makes sense to do location lookup

i still fail to see when would route set change during the call and
especially magically without a re-invite.

-- juha