[sr-dev] dnssec gethostbyname2 not compiling on Solaris 11

Richard Good richard.good at smilecoms.com
Fri Apr 26 10:37:51 CEST 2013

Hi

I've just updated to the latest master and get this error when compiling on
Solaris 11 with gcc version 4.5.2:
LD (gcc) [kamailio]             kamailio
gethostbyname2                      dns_func.o
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to kamailio
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake: *** [kamailio] Error 1

In Makefile.defs Solaris does not define HAVE_GETHOSTBYNAME2.

I fixed this by putting #ifdef HAVE_GETHOSTBYNAME2 around all
gethostbyname2 in:
dns_func.c
dns_func.h
modules/dnssec/dnssec_func.c
modules/dnssec/dnssec_func.h
modules/dnssec/dnssec_mod.c

I see Marius Zbihlei<http://git.sip-router.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=sip-router;a=search;s=Marius+Zbihlei;st=author>has
done lots of work on the dnssec module.

Marius: please can you have a look at this.

Regards
Richard.

This email is subject to the disclaimer of Smile Communications at http://www.smilecoms.com/disclaimer