[sr-dev] Debian Packaging: memcache problem

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Apr 24 13:03:51 CEST 2013

Am Mittwoch, 24. April 2013, 12:48:59 schrieb Klaus Darilion:
> In Debian there exists package:
>
> libmemcache-dev
> and
> libmemcached-dev.
>
> The 'control' file requires 'libmemcache-dev', but I had to install
> 'libmemcached-dev' to build Kamailio.
>
> Maybe someone knows the difference of memcache/memcached can fix this.

Hello Klaus,

thank you for the mail. Yesterday this was noticed as well from
Jon Bonilla.

The library you mentioned is the correct one. libmemcache is the old one, and
libmemcached the new one. Don't know why they choosed this naming convention..

@Jon, do you like to adapt the debian files, maybe you can test it directly if
this library is available on every debian that you build for? If you don't
have time I can do it as well later today, just let me know.

Thanks and regards,

Henning