[sr-dev] db_mysql with Transaction support

Håkon Nessjøen haakon.nessjoen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 13:15:06 CEST 2013

Hi,

> A table lock might be OK, but probably far less efficient than row locks.
> There is also the possibility of there being some deadlocks in the
> presence code if entire table locks are used - I can't say whether this is
> likely or not as I haven't taken a critical look at the code with that in
> mind.

Ok, I have done some changes to the kamdbctl script to be able to
specify table engine, so InnoDB can be used.

I have also implemented query_lock now, but I am having problems
getting the presence module to actually use any of the transaction
functions.
It doesn't seem to use transactions for everyday queries used for my
SIMPLE presence setup. Does anyone have any tips for testing the sql
transaction functionality of the presence module?

I have updated the presence.xml doc. But if i regenerate the README,
it changes too much because of my locale settings.

Could anyone help me test this?

http://lunatic.no/0001-Added-query_lock-support-in-db_mysql-driver-and-adde.patch

--
Håkon