[sr-dev] db_mysql with Transaction support

Håkon Nessjøen haakon.nessjoen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 12:14:10 CEST 2013

Hi Peter,

I see that query_lock is supposed to lock the rows that it specifies.

MySQL only supports locks on rows with the InnoDB engine. But as far as I
know, when installing the mysql tables with kamdbctl, the tables are added
with the MyISAM engine.

So, should I start modifying the install scripts so that we use InnoDB
engine, or is a table-lock sufficient when myisam is used? Mysql will not
give an error if the engine does not support locking on individual rows. So
the experience will be transparent for the end user, except for the locking
of the whole table.

Also, it is important that the columns that the query compares against, is
indexes, or else the table will be locked even if the table engine is
InnoDB. I'm not sure if presence only queries for indexed columns?

Regards,
Håkon

On 2 April 2013 14:25, Peter Dunkley <peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com>wrote:

> Hi Olle,
>
> The new dbb->query_lock function needs to be implemented too.
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter
>

> On 02/04/13 13:16, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> db_mysql in devel now has transaction support, which should work with
>> presence. It's contributed by Håkon Nassjöen that responded to my cry for
>> help in the Google+ Kamailio group!
>>
>> Thanks, Håkon!
>>
>> /O

Håkon