[sr-dev] git:master: Do not perform a lookup for IPv4 addresses, if only listening on IPv6 sockets.

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Sep 17 20:26:39 CEST 2012

17 sep 2012 kl. 17:29 skrev admin at sip-router.org:

> Module: sip-router
> Branch: master
> Commit: e1b3961b16b76b02ae7ad5f52b2e9db126f81ff9
>
> Author: Carsten Bock <carsten at ng-voice.com>
> Committer: Carsten Bock <carsten at ng-voice.com>
> Date:   Tue Sep 11 19:39:32 2012 +0200
>
> Do not perform a lookup for IPv4 addresses, if only listening on IPv6 sockets.

Hmm.

What if I know that I have an outbound proxy that is dual stack?

If the server listening to only IPv6 sockets needs to call me, it needs to know that the only target is IPv4 so either fail or forward to a dual stack proxy.

Maybe this should be configurable. And of course, the opposite is true too. An ipv4-only server should be able to call IPv6-only by using another proxy.

/O