[sr-dev] Compile modules with debug symbols

Carlos Ruiz Díaz carlos.ruizdiaz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 14:33:49 CEST 2012

Hi Daniel,

no, it's just a plain make && make install.

I spent a few hours on debugging and I figured out that it was an off by
one error on a memcpy() on certain exceptional conditions. I fixed that but
then I found a memory leak that's causing the crash after 40k calls but I'm
having a hard time interpreting the dump provided after sending the SIGUSR1
to the process. if I'm not mistaken, there are two pkg_str_dup() leaks per
call but I'm still searching where I'm missing the pkg_free().

Is there a way to know where in the code the pkg_str_dup was called?

I tried with valgrind too, but after the macro expansion of the memory
management functions, is very hard to find where it was called.

Regards.

Carlos.

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 4:02 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com