[sr-dev] Compile modules with debug symbols

Carlos Ruiz Díaz carlos.ruizdiaz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 21:39:16 CEST 2012

Hello list,

I'm trying to debug my module after it crashed by SIGSEGV, but the problem
is that I'm unable to see the relevant data in the core file that's being
dumped after the crash.

For example, if I do *bt full, *I get:

0  0x0ef0f494 in append_string () from
/opt/install/kamailio-3.2.3/lib/kamailio/modules_k/cnx3a.so
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x0eef9658 in build_message () from
/opt/install/kamailio-3.2.3/lib/kamailio/modules_k/cnx3a.so
No symbol table info available.
Backtrace stopped: frame did not save the PC

Only the functions that were called but no parameter values.

AFAIK, if I compile kamailio from sources, it is by default compiled with
the -g option, so, it looks like that I'm missing something else.

Regards.

Carlos.