[sr-dev] Playing with TCP

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Oct 25 22:26:27 CEST 2012

> Indeed, just use a timer route to periodically send OPTIONS to the registrar.
>
> Are you looping outgoing messages also through the registrar? Or does the request to the obp with has 2 Route headers?

I have an ingres proxy behind NAT that adds a path header and sends the register to a proxy on a public IP. this one adds another PATH with received and loops back to itself before saving the location.

When calling, the INVITE will get two Route headers (based on the PATH headers), one to get back to the TCP connection and the other one back over that connection to the ingres proxy. Klaus-style, routing on received.

Of course, it's easy to add TLS in this scenario. I will soon test your Asterisk patch for Path (the Oolong-branch now) and see if it can play in this setup as well.

Good night.

/O