[sr-dev] git:master: sercmd: builds and installs as kamcmd when FLAVOUR=kamailio

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 09:53:00 CEST 2012

On 10/24/12 4:21 PM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> 24 okt 2012 kl. 12:12 skrev Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:

>>> Should we add a symlink at install for backwards compatibility?
>> This exposes the same problem -- a conflict on sercmd file when installing kamailio and ser from packages.
> Thinking loud:
>
> Hmm. So if SER is installed after kamailio, we have an issue with a symlink. If the SER install removes
> existing sercmd before installing anything we won't have an issue. If Kamailio install only installs symlink
> if sercmd does *NOT* exist we won't have an issue.
>
> But we should *not* install symlink when installing packages, only from source.
>
> Would that be possible to handle?
>
> I think maintaining backwards compatibility is a good thing (TM).

Building a packages involves calling 'make install', resulting in a
conflict. Maybe a new target can be added, like 'make install-compat'
that can add such symlink, used only from command line when wanted.

On the other hand, with this upcoming release we are going to get rid of
'openser' references (e.g., in database name, users, ...), so there will
be a dedicated session to underline these changes, where we lose some
backward compatible stuff (including in Perl scripting, perhaps
snmpstats stuff, ...).