[sr-dev] [ openser-Feature Requests-1891148 ] protection of open fifo/ socket files against removing

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Oct 15 18:23:01 CEST 2012

Feature Requests item #1891148, was opened at 2008-02-11 05:58
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743023&aid=1891148&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: modules
Group: ver devel

Initial Comment:
Hi,

I found that starting a 2nd openser with same config as an already
running openser on same machine using module mi_datagram leads to a deletion of the
socket file of the already running openser process.

This is very bad when u use openser as a frontend for sems for example.  :(

If this is a bug, maybe the check, whether there is
an already running openser using same network resources, should be placed *befor* starting modules.
Alternative modules should be able to handle those problematic scenarios ...

My mi_datagram config is this:

loadmodule "mi_datagram.so"
modparam("mi_datagram", "socket_name", "/tmp/openser_ansagen_sock")
modparam("mi_datagram", "children_count", 1)
modparam("mi_datagram", "unix_socket_mode", 0660)
modparam("mi_datagram", "unix_socket_group", "voip")
modparam("mi_datagram", "unix_socket_user", "ruth")
modparam("mi_datagram", "socket_timeout", 2000)

regards
Helmut

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2012-10-15 09:23

Message:
Today, I went to the beachfront with my children. I found a sea shell and
gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you
put this to your ear." She placed the shell to her ear and screamed. There
was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go
back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell someone!
[url=http://northfacevest.blogbaker.com/]Parry[/url]

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2012-08-26 01:24

Message:
Hey there this is kind of of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use
WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a
blog soon but have no coding expertise so I wanted to get advice from
someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!
http://www.sunglasses4summer.net/

Comment By: Henning Westerholt (henningw)