[sr-dev] XCAP support in git master

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Oct 13 17:39:52 CEST 2012

Looking into supported AUIDs - XCAP application usages - in Kamailio I find different answers in different parts.
---------

xcap_client has this function:

int get_auid_flag(str auid)
{
        static str pres_rules = str_init("pres-rules");
        static str rls_services = str_init("rls-services");

        if (STR_MATCH(auid, pres_rules))
                return PRES_RULES;
        else if (STR_MATCH(auid, rls_services))
                return RESOURCE_LIST;

        return -1;
}

In the XCAP server we have a function xcaps_path_get_auid_type that has the following:

* pres-rules
* org.openmobilealliance.pres-rules
* rls-services
*pidf-manipulation
* resource-lists
* xcap-caps
* org.openmobilealliance.user-profile
* org.openmobilealliance.pres-content
* org.openmobilealliance.search

= 9 AUIDs

These are funny enough defined in xcap_client/xcap_callbacks.h:

#define PRES_RULES         1<<1
#define RESOURCE_LIST      1<<2
#define RLS_SERVICE        1<<3
#define PIDF_MANIPULATION  1<<4
#define XCAP_CAPS          1<<5
#define USER_PROFILE       1<<6
#define PRES_CONTENT       1<<7
#define SEARCH             1<<8

= 8 AUIDs

The supported AUIDs are not really listed anywhere. In the README there's an example xcap-caps that list

<auids>
    <auid>rls-services</auid>
    <auid>pidf-manipulation</auid>
    <auid>xcap-caps</auid>
    <auid>resource-lists</auid>
    <auid>pres-rules</auid>
    <auid>org.openmobilealliance.pres-rules</auid>
  </auids>

Only six AUIDs.

* Can the developers involved explain the level of support we have for the nine AUIDs listed in xcap-server, so I can document this?
* Should we add a few more to the xcap-client?

We also have an xcap library in the source that the kamailio modules doesn't use, but the ser xcap client module use. Any reason why this
library was not used? Just curious.

Thanks!
/O