[sr-dev] XCAP

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 13:35:53 CEST 2012

On 10/10/12 11:55 AM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> 10 okt 2012 kl. 11:09 skrev Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
>
>> On 10/10/12 9:10 AM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>>> Is there a reason why we don't save the XML media tag (Content-type) for XCAP documents?
>> the xcap_server module was developed to reuse existing xcap table. Are there different content-types for the documents published via xcap? If yes, then we have to store it.
> Yes. Every AUID defines an XCAP URI part, a URN for XML verification and an XML document format.
>
>>> Aren't we supposed to reuse the media tags in a GET operation?
>>>
>>> I see that I can add AUIDs, but not URNs or Media tags for these application usages.
>> What is the purpose of storing URNs? How many can be stored for an xcap doc.
> They are in the XML, so we might not have to store them. You need them for verifying the document as valid.
>
> But we do need the XML doc format.
>
> Btw, the XCAP client and XCAP server seems to have different views of table version # in 3.3.1.
That was fixed in master long time ago, but I think the backport was
done long after that, now it is same version in 3.3 branch. So upcoming
3.3.2 will have it right if older 3.3.x don't have it.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Berlin, Nov 5-8, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/kat
Kamailio Advanced Training, Miami, USA, Nov 12-14, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/katu