[sr-dev] XMLRPC not compliant with standard

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sun Nov 18 21:09:57 CET 2012

Friends,

I've been trying to play with the XMLRPC module in Kamailio. It turns out that the answers in some modules are not XML-rpc compliant, so my PHP based XMLrpc library only shows one part of the response.

XMLrpc standards says that there has to be ONE and only ONE structure in a response. When running "htable.dump" I get one param struct per object. There should be a common structure encapsultating all the responses.

It seems like the output of sercmd allows this, but XMLrpc does not.

One quick fix would be to change the xmlrpc module and add an encapsulating structure. This would of course break a lot of clients. We could make it an option so that we're backwards compatible, like a "xmlrpccompliant" modparam. Another fix would be to change all the modules, but that would also change the SER RPC output, which would be a far bigger change.

Anyone that has seen the same issues? Agree with a fix?

/O