[sr-dev] Corelog and debug

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Nov 15 10:01:16 CET 2012

Hi!

I would like to silence the debugging from Kamailio while still have my own xlog("L_DBG", ""); being sent to syslog.

The corelog config parameter seems to exist to limit what the kamailio server puts in syslog, while debug is valid for both core and my script logs.

If I set corelog to -1 and debug to 3, I would expect to get no core L_DBG messages in syslog, but it is full with it...

Is this because corelog is not fully implemented across Kamailio or are my assumptions wrong?

The corelog documentation in the cookbook says that the corelog is used to print "some log messages". Would it be worth the effort to make this kamailio-wide?

/O