[sr-dev] git:3.3: New Option: "x" for automatic bridging between IPv4 and IPv6.

Tue Nov 6 18:27:06 CET 2012

On 06.11.2012 14:07, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> so what should sip proxy do when $rd is domain name?

I think this is a general problem. The problem is the automatic network
protocol selection. If it would be possible to force outgoing requests
to a certain network protocol, e.g. IPv4 or IPv6, then it would be
possible to put an IPv4 address into the SDP and force IPv4. If it
fails, use failure-route to put an IPv6 address into the SDP and forward
again using IPv6.

Of course just because the next hop is IPv4 or IPv6 does not mean that
the UAS uses the same network protocol. But in my opinion it is the task
of the receiving domain to do v4/v6 bridging if the domain's proxy uses
a different IP version than the domain's users.

regards
Klaus