[sr-dev] git:3.3: New Option: "x" for automatic bridging between IPv4 and IPv6.

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Tue Nov 6 14:57:44 CET 2012

Hi,

interesting to know, i wasn't aware that Cisco IOS support dual-stack
VoIP; i wonder how they've implemented it.
The shortcut works for single-stack/RFC6157 devices only, maybe i
should add this to the docs.

Carsten

2012/11/6 Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com>:
> Carsten Bock writes:
>
>> We did agree, that SDP would probably never contain both IPv4 or IPv6
>> addresses. RFC 6157 (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6157, "IPv6
>> Transition in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)") also recommends
>> using ICE for SIP-IPv4/IPv6 dual-stack.
>
> ok, i need to read it.
>
>> If we follow this RFC and typical UA's, we will always have
>> "either/or" rather than "and".
>> However, i've never seen any dual-stack SIP-Endpoints so far.
>
> at least cisco ios gateways support dual stack:
>
> protocol mode ipv4 | ipv6 | dual-stack [preference {ipv4 | ipv6}]}
>
> so what should sip proxy do when $rd is domain name?
>
> -- juha

Carsten Bock
CEO (Geschäftsführer)

ng-voice GmbH
Schomburgstr. 80
D-22767 Hamburg / Germany

http://www.ng-voice.com
mailto:carsten at ng-voice.com

Office +49 40 34927219
Fax +49 40 34927220

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 120189
Geschäftsführer: Carsten Bock
Ust-ID: DE279344284

Hier finden Sie unsere handelsrechtlichen Pflichtangaben:
http://www.ng-voice.com/imprint/