[sr-dev] Kamailio for Debian 7 - deadline

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Fri May 25 14:50:59 CEST 2012

I can see some things very quickly:

debian/control, build-depends:
   you need: debhelper (>= 9.0.0)
   and maybe:  Standards-Version: 3.9.3

debian/compat
   must be 9 (not 8)

debian/copyright:
   `see AUTHORS file' might be unacceptable: Debian ftpmasters may
reject the package.  Better to be safe and copy stuff from the AUTHORS
file into debian/copyright

debian/rules:
  - I haven't looked too closely, I can see it started in 2006 and may
not follow the current practices with debhelper, if you are not
confident with this file, you could just try making a fresh one, e.g.
just copy the rules file from my resiprocate package, study it carefully
as you would probably need to change a few details, or you can use the
command `dh_make' to create a fresh rules file
  - the `get-orig-source' stuff - maybe it shouldn't be there, not sure
about this

no `debian/kamailio.install' or similar files:
  - how do you assign the files to packages?  I think you need a
.install file for each binary package that is mentioned in
debian/control.  Again, see the resiprocate package for examples:

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/resiprocate.git;a=summary

http://mentors.debian.net/package/resiprocate

Are you also participating in the debian-mentors list?  There are many
very helpful people there, someone always seems to respond to questions
there within a short period of time.  You can also upload packages to
the mentors site and it makes it very easy for people to evaluate them
and give more feedback.