[sr-dev] module development

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Tue May 1 10:53:10 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have been using a configuration file based system to share certain SIP
requests across different queues for handling by different processes.
Such a scheme could be adapted for prioritisation.

I have posted several configuration fragments for this on the list so
you should find them if you look in the archives.  My email from 28
March (at around 14:44) is probably the closest to what you are wanting.

Regards,

Peter

On Tue, 2012-05-01 at 13:59 +0530, Vineet Menon wrote:

> Hi Olle,
>
> What I want to do is test a "hypothesis" for congestion control using
> prioritized scheduling of messages....
> But thx for that input regarding the newer message queue
> module....i'll look into it...
>

> Regards,
>
> Vineet Menon
>

> On 1 May 2012 13:18, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
>

>         1 maj 2012 kl. 09:39 skrev Vineet Menon:
>

>         > Hi,
>         >
>         > I am new to kamailio module devel...
>         > I want to test a new scheduling for SIP messages... Can i do
>         that with kamailio modules? or I should go for something else?
>         probably kamailio core??
>

>         Can you elaborate a bit more? What do you mean with scheduling
>         for SIP messages?
>
>         We have a few new modules where you can queue messages for
>         later processing and time their transmission. Check those
>         first.
>
>         /O

Peter Dunkley
Technical Director