[sr-dev] redis module support for array responses.

Vicente Hernando vhernando at systemonenoc.com
Thu Mar 29 20:14:37 CEST 2012

Hello,

I am studying the use case when a redis command returns an array
(REDIS_REPLY_ARRAY type in hiredis.h from
https://github.com/antirez/hiredis )

Function pv_get_redisc in kamailio/modules/ndb_redis/ndb_redis_mod.c :
365  returns a pv_value_t structure and currently only deals with
REDIS_REPLY_STRING
and REDIS_REPLY_INTEGER cases.

It seems looking at pvar.h that pv_value_t structure does not deal with
arrays. Is that correct? So returning an array is not an option...

Then a better aproach could be changing pv_parse_redisc_name function:

right now from README in ndb_redis:
after executing redis_cmd("srvN", "SET foo bar", "r");     I could get
$redis(r->type)   and $redis(r->value)

it could be a good idea to add options like:  $redis(r->size)   and
$redis(r->value[Number])     when changing pv_parse_redisk_name function.

Do you think of that as a good approach?

Thanks in advance!
Vicente.