[sr-dev] How to let kamailio to ignore siptrace db errors

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 12:27:34 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 3/26/12 12:22 PM, Mino Haluz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please, I would like to adjust the siptrace module so that it will
> carry on processing the calls when the siptrace module is unable to
> insert the trace into database. As the machine where the siptrace is
> being stored is sometimes undergoing high load , kamailio stops
> responding because siptrace cannot insert the record into db. Instead
> of, it could just write an error/notice or something ..
perhaps the db client library is blocking -- very likely the table is
locked and the client library waits for write confirmation.

In my todo is the add an option to allow usage of INSERT DELAYED
whenever available (e.g., mysql), which is not blocking.

If you want to do it yourself, look at acc module in 'modules_k', it has
this feature already. The patch will be accepted, of course.

Kamailio Advanced Training, April 23-26, 2012, Berlin, Germany
http://www.asipto.com/index.php/kamailio-advanced-training/