[sr-dev] git:master: modules_k/presence Fixed DB Storage Modes

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Thu Mar 1 15:45:23 CET 2012

Hi,

I've been doing more investigation myself.  It seems that even with old
presence module I can get it to crash here if the records in the DB are
"broken" enough.  So I think it was just a co-incidence that I first
spotted the crash with the new code.  I suspect that with the two errors
coming out of the new presence code (and the state things are in when
they come out) it is just easier to get the DB records broken in the
right way.

The error messages are actually the bigger issue as they are stopping
presence and RLS working together.

Thanks,

Peter

On Thu, 2012-03-01 at 13:58 +0200, Anca Vamanu wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Is this really the line where it is crashing?
>
> 1120:        s.to_domain.len= strlen(s.to_domain.s);
>
> Just the make sure we are speaking about the same sources and because
> I find it hard to believe it could crash there.
>
> Thanks,
> Anca
>
> On 03/01/2012 12:39 PM, Peter Dunkley wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I used the latest version (taken from git on Thursday evening - so
> > after the last change).
> >
> > I was using db mode 3 (DB only) and d publ_cache set to 0.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Peter

Peter Dunkley
Technical Director