[sr-dev] What needs updating in Kamailio core/parser and modules for WebSockets

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Fri Jun 22 11:13:54 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am just trying to work out exactly what needs to be updated in the
Kamailio core/parser for WebSockets.

I already know that the Via: parser needs to be updated to understand
the WS and WSS transports, and the URI parser needs to be updated to
understand the the WS transport, but is there anything else?

I'd appreciate it if anyone has any ideas about what else might need
changed (and where in the code), as my guessing at this could be a bit
hit-and-miss...

I don't plan to add a forward_ws() function to core because I don't
think it'll work (or at least not in all cases as servers cannot
initiate WebSocket connections).  But are there updates needed in the
following areas (and any ideas where in the code I should look)?

      * forward_no_connect()
      * the proto core variable
      * the snd_proto core variable
      * Is a WS keyword (like SCTP/TCP/TLS/UDP) needed
      * Are the pseudo variables (for example, I know that the mutable
        variable $du needs to do the right thing as this is fundamental
        to being able to route requests), transformations, and selects
        that need to be updated
      * Are there any modules (rr, nathelper?) that need to be updated

Thanks for your help,

Peter
--
Peter Dunkley