[sr-dev] Presence_profile documentation

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Jun 21 10:23:39 CEST 2012

Olle E. Johansson writes:

> >From reading this documentation I can't figure out anything on how to
> >use this great and cool (I hope) new module. I suggest that the
> >author not only correct the spelling of his name (because I don't
> >believe the HTML representation is correct) but also give some usage
> >examples.

i happened to read its readme this morning too and it looked pretty
clear to me.

> Add some examples on how to update the presence status, the model for
> usage and configuration issues. I think UA-config is important, so we
> might as well add a bit of information from the RFC to educate our
> users.

you can use, for example, pua_mi module to publish the configurations.
if there is a change to some configuration, then your management system
just sends a new publish using pua_mi.

as readme says, you need to use long expiration times or, if i remember
correctly, there was some support added in 3.3 for permanent publications,
which may work here too.

-- juha