[sr-dev] [tracker] Comment added: Kamailio does not handle HTTP Via: headers in requests and responses

sip-router bugtracker at sip-router.org
Wed Jun 20 12:02:47 CEST 2012

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE, DO NOT REPLY.

The following task has a new comment added:

FS#237 - Kamailio does not handle HTTP Via: headers in requests and responses
User who did this - Peter Dunkley (pd)

Unfortunately there is no way to enforce direct client-server communication.  Some networks only allow HTTP through a network proxy and others have in-line (and unavoidable) proxies as part of their Internet routing.

I don't believe Kamailio needs to do anything clever with an HTTP Via: (it is just added by gateways and proxies for their use).  I think that Kamailio needs to:
- not generate a parser error it receives an HTTP Via:, and
- not put Via: headers into HTTP responses at all