[sr-dev] dialplan and empty repl_exp

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue Jun 19 14:32:16 CEST 2012

Richard Fuchs writes:

> It should be noted that all "old" patterns from those examples will
> continue to work as they did before even with the patch applied. More
> generally, all patterns that are designed to always match the complete
> string will continue to work unchanged, providing backwards
> compatibility. Only patterns that make deliberate use of the side-effect
> of stripping out unmatched parts of the string will break, but I don't
> think there's a whole lot of those out there in the wild.

i just checked my patterns and found many, for example:

subst_exp               repl_exp
^\+358(2|3|5|6|8|9)	+358\1

this particular example will extract from e.164 number its certain kind
country code/area code prefix.

i'm thus strongly against removing the current behavior.  i suggest you
write a new function to dialplan module that does what you want.  adding
module parameters just complicates the code and makes supporting it
more difficult.

-- juha